HOPELESS TO HOPEFUL
By: Darrelyn L. Tutt
Hopelessness is a buggerish thing;
Rooted in unmet expectations,
Hopefulness is a beautiful thing;
Rooted in truth,
If you're feeling a little stuck in the hopeless ....
Here's a little spur toward the hopeful.
Complete these 10 suggestions and record the outcome:
1) Write a note, send a text or call someone who is passing through a dark season of life and encourage them.
2) Visit a shut-in or elderly individual for one hour.
3) Read Ephesians 6.
4) Record 10 individuals who have impacted your life in a favorable way.
Thank one of them.
5) Jot down 10 things you are thankful for and thank God for them.
6) Record 10 individuals who don’t have the 10 things you just recorded and reflect on their realities. Do something thoughtful for one of them.
7) Reflect on a recent kindness bestowed on you … what it was, why it touched you, who performed it.
Perform a personal unexpected kindness on another.
8) Record 3 characteristics of God that you like.
9) Record a dream, goal or desire you have and do one thing that gets you closer to it.
10) Write down a specific truth from God’s word that will never change.
Two of my favorite "hopeful" quotes:
“What gives me the most hope every day is God’s grace; knowing that His grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.”
- Rick Warren
“You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.”
- Zig Ziglar
Hopeful reality from God's word:
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”