THE WAY THAT WE LOVE
By: Darrelyn L. Tutt
Effectively love …
Rules to master,
Rules to own …
Give of self
And you’ll be known …
Facilitating Factors in Friendship:
1) Learn to remember names. Inefficiency at this point may indicate that your interest is not sufficiently outgoing.
A man’s name is very important to him.
2) Be a comfortable person so there is no strain in being with you—be an old-shoe, old-hat kind of individual. Be homey.
3) Acquire the quality of relaxed easy-goingness so that things do not ruffle you.
4) Don’t be egotistical. Guard against giving the impression that you know it all.
*5) Cultivate the quality of being interesting so that people will want to be with you and get something of stimulating value from their association with you.
6) Study to get the scratchy elements out of your personality, even those of which you may be unconscious.
7) Sincerely attempt to heal, on an honest Christian basis, every misunderstanding you have had or now have. Drain off your grievances.
8) Practice liking people until you learn to do so genuinely.
9) Never miss an opportunity to say a word of congratulation upon anyone’s achievement, or express sympathy in sorrow or disappointment.
*10) Get a deep spiritual experience so that you have something to give people that will help them to be stronger and meet life more effectively.
Give strength to people and they will give affection to you.
-Norman Vincent Peale
Strengths and weaknesses.
Always work to become
More than you presently are.
Give regard to the way...
That you love.
This is the art of friendship.
“As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.”